Pages

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Littles Haunted House Scene

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a I made for the Copic Europe DT, featuring the Littles Haunted House scene, by Stamping Bella


I started this image as I start all my images, and that is with colouring any characters, specifically the skin.

The colours are E00, E11, E04

For the green skin I used YG21, YG23, YG25



I gave the witch purple hair using V12, V15, V17



Dress: YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18



I coloured some of the windows with light in them. 
Y13, Y15, Y17



For the Mummy I used N1 and N3 and blended them together using the colourless blender. 



On the wood I used E21, E33 and E27



For the roof  I started with N3 and then laid down some N5 for the shadows. At the very end I applied N7 in the darkest areas. 



I gave the house a wooden effect using E41, E42, E43 and pulling the lines in from the outside edge towards the middle. 



For the window and door frames I used E21 and E33 and then added some shadow with N3 and N5



To complete the image I coloured everything else in black, using N1 through to N7



For the background I started with the ground, laying down some W1 and then building up with W3 and W5. 
Keep layering the colours until you're happy with how it looks. 



I decided to add a moon to the night sky, behind the bat, so I drew a circle with B000 as a guide for the sky. 



As with the ground, I started the sky with the lightest colour B02 and then added darker colours to build up depth - B23, B24, B26



Finally, for the moon, I used Y00, Y11 and some YR23 to add lines. I also applied some Y11 into the night sky around the moon, going back in with the blues to build up the colour again. 



Thanks for dropping by today

My Social Media Sites
   


2 comments:

Alina said...

beautiful card, Sandie!

Sharon said...

Hi Sandi your colouring is amazing!
I love the look of your glass mat can you please let me know what brand it is or where you got it? Thanks